Saturday 21 May 2011

Illustration Final Project - Modern Runes

My Personal project was to create a new astrology by creating a modern set of casting runes. My work is usually dominate by science. I am fully believer a science as fact, so I wanted to create a satirical set of runes. After buying a set of traditional runes I found that they were completely out of date with meaning of the stones like harvest etc. So I decided to create a set of runes that reflect modern culture and language. So on my stones I decided to illustrate thing such as: The Dogs Bollocks, Shit hitting the fan, Gets on my tits, Pork pies, and at it like rabbits. The illustration of words and puns and idioms suits my personality and humour. I had a lot of fun think up what to put on the runes. The set contains 24 runes carved out of wood, a casting bag and a hand stitched booklet containing the meanings of the runes and an explanation on how to read your fortune. Underneath shows my progression and the final result.




I am very pleased with the outcome. I'm very pleased with how the set ties nicely together. I think it looks very marketable. I hope everyone has as much fun playing with them as I do. My fingers are sight to behold after al that carving. OUCH!





No comments:

Post a Comment