Sunday 28 November 2010

Visually Represent a Piece of Music Project





This was a project to visually represent a piece of music. I chose the piece above entitled by 'The Last Emperor'. The brief asked for an abstract painting, to promote an immediate reaction to the music in banner form. I misunderstood and did not paint abstract however this was my immediate response to the music. I thought of blossom trees, red lanterns pinks blues and greens, wind, chimes, meditation, mountains and lakes. Although I did not automatically consider the composition,it flowed natural as I was going it and I was pleased with the overall outcome. It depicts my immediate response to the music and what I felt at the time. I am currently working on more banners that are more abstract and based on the music to fulfil the brief.
This was my second attempt at painting an abstract representation of the music. When listening i saw images of tree branches, mountains, blues, pinks, purples and greens. I painted the jagged lines as a representation of theses branches and the mountains. I like the painting and the fact that its a triptych, however it feels too planned and not a immediate response to the music. From this I did three more painting simplifying what I immediately saw evoked from the music. These were done loosely and were quick and flow better when associated the music.


No comments:

Post a Comment