Tuesday 9 November 2010

Some more of the 1000 drawings








Im so pleased with the way my observational drawings have progressed over this project. I chose to draw predominantly from the Museum of Childhood. After feed back of my previous drawings I drew toys that had more texture. I added colour, tone and shadow to do this, and I believe that they were more successful. I was particularly impressed with my oil pastel drawings. I haven't picked up an oil pastel since A-level and I found it easier than I thought to get into the process of using them. It was like riding a bike, I hadn't forgot how to use them, and my initial skepticism of picking them up was without cause. I think my favourite medium is colour pencil with pen and this is my safe place of drawing. Through this process i have discovered that even though my safe place of drawing is successful, pushing myself to use other mediums ie pen and oils have shown me to not be so tentative and negative about trying new thing. If drawings are unsuccessful, move on and learn from it and dont concentrate on the negative. I think this was undoubtably a good exercise to start the year, i feel more confident in my drawing ability after a long summer of being complacent.

No comments:

Post a Comment